Metanet Hunter CD
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
That's right. A new Metanet Hunter has appeared. We're celebrating Metanet Hunter's 4 year anniversary with a brand new one.
Metanet Hunter CD is the current, definitive way to play the second game in the series. By that, we mean that we've rebuilt the entire thing into something incredibly sweet. The physics are tighter than ever, the variety is a box o' chocolates, and we have a BRAND NEW soundtrack for you to rock out to. Pop your headphones on and grab a gamepad, this one's a blast.
Earthquakes have been appearing all over Cyberspace once more, and the Chaos Orbs have made a mysterious re-appearance?! Thankfully, a new robotics scientist, Dr. Kegan, has rebuilt the original Kinzo into an even more powerful force. Kinzo will need all the power he has, as the enigmatic ROTH has appeared with what he calls the Metanet Terminal. His plan is to take over Cyberspace, and we can't have that around here!! Suit up for this side-scroller, and let's Obliterate the Chaos Orbs once again.
- 8 Primary Stages. Explore the grasslands, a dangerous desert, a tropical tower, and even a space base! There's more to unlock, but that's for you to discover!
- Tons of costumes. Want to smash things as a Goat? You can do that. Want to dash through the levels at insane speeds? You can do that. Need options? We've got them, you've just gotta find 'em.
- Secrets all across the board! Try looking around in the levels for goodies. You might find some stat upgrades, or some special Chaos Orbs to enter Cyberspace!
- A Groovy Soundtrack! Once again, we have the classic SDACE handling the tunes!
- NO DRM! We build our games without DRM for a reason. You bought it, you can do what you want with it. Mod it, burn it, hey, even eat it! Just don't resell it or something. That's no good!
Well, what are you waiting for? You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain! It's fast-paced, frenetic, and it'll be sure to make you laugh AND cry. That's a game.
You'll even be seeing it come to other places, but I felt like giving itch.io first dibs would be the coolest! Get it while it's hot.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jan 27, 2017|
|Tags||16-bit, Action-Adventure, Arcade, Difficult, Fast-Paced, Retro, secrets, Side Scroller, upgrades|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Thanks for downloading! You can run the OSX and Windows versions pretty easily, but for linux, it's just got an extra step or two.
FOR LINUX SPECIFICALLY (WINDOWS AND OSX DO NOT REQUIRE EXTRA STEPS)
- Head on over to: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/
- You're going to want love version 0.10.1 for the best/working results.
- Enjoy! Play the game, mess with it, have fun once the new game comes out.
- If you need any help or need to make a special build of LOVE, here's a link for that, too: https://love2d.org/wiki/Building_LÖVE