I am in fact the one and only NIGHT KAWATA, the guy who's in charge of WE ARE RODEONET.
I handle most of the general operations within the group, and I will occasionally consult the fans or some of my colleagues for the improvement of our products!
I've been doing this officially since 2013, but I did start my game development journey back in 2009. Being a young kid means that I didn't have much experience whatsoever, and I definitely learned the hard way.
Metanet Hunter Catalog
- Metanet Hunter Classic (2013)
- The Original. My first fully-programmed game, and it's extremely obvious of that. Featured a healthy number of side content for what it is, but it is the peak of rudimentary platforming.
- Metanet Hunter: REMIX (2014)
- High school game project that featured eight worlds, and our first boss fights. It is certainly obvious that it is one of my first projects, if you have gotten your hands on it.
- Metanet Hunter SE (2014)
- GBJam Entry, meant to be a more optimal Metanet Hunter Classic experience. My personal favorite, even with the signs of aging.
- Metanet Hunter CD (2017)
- Meant to be a replacement for the Metanet Hunter: REMIX. It features a new "Suit" system, in where Kinzo can equip new powerups that feature their own abilities. It also features collectible upgrades and trinkets, and a more polished experience than the original. It is the ideal way to experience the second game of the original (non-capital) series.
- Metanet Hunter G4 (2020)
- In a way, this is kind of a spin-off. It combines the ideas of the first and second games, and features a ton of secrets to uncover. Currently, this is the most polished entry in the series.
- Metanet Hunter SE: REMIX (2021)
- Small "tech demo" that utilizes a new game engine, the end of the "LOVE games"
- METANET HUNTER (2023)
- This is currently in development. Imagine Metanet Hunter G4 on steroids. It will be launching a new generation, and will become our flagship product.