Metanet Hunter G4
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
This is the latest and greatest entry to the Metanet Hunter series. It has taken everything I have learned throughout my years of game design, and blossomed into one fast-paced, truly retro-influenced masterpiece.
What it is
Metanet Hunter G4 (Generation 4) is what I'd consider fast-paced action at its finest. You may have read that tag, but that's no exaggeration. I've dramatically improved the formula from the past games, as there's a ton that I... No, we have learned together.
There's six stages, and they're all designed to either be blazed through, or carefully traversed. We've got the bosses out to play once again, and this time it's serious. They've all got different phases, and they're all out to defeat you, the Metanet Hunter.
You're the Metanet Hunter. You've been sent out to explore several different areas, in an attempt to destroy the mysterious "Chaos Orbs." Your name is Kinzo, short for the Japanese word "metal." Are you up to the task? The environments will not be easy, nor the enemies.
Your mission will inevitably take you to the Metanet Terminal, the source of all these Chaos Orbs, and the reason all these enemies have gone berserk. Hunt it. Take it down! Clear that Campaign Mode, and put an end to all this chaos!
What you get
- 6 fine-tuned stages to blaze through in Campaign Mode. Each one's got a different type of flow, and it's up to you to survive. They've all got a boss fight at the end: Can you find and destroy the Metanet Terminal?
- 50 different game palettes! You heard me. Can you find them all? Maybe you'll find a favorite, or several. Each one gives the game a fresh coat of paint.
- You'll find a few in the stages, and you'll find a few from the Time Attack. Maybe a few of the game's passcodes might allow you to find the rest.
- 20 different sub-weapons! You've got many, many toys at your disposal this time around. From the powerful Electric Axe, to the crazy Chaos Cube, you'll always have a cool tool in your arsenal.
- 3 different difficulty modes! That's right. Want things to cool off a little bit? Play on Casual Mode. Want to play it the way I designed it? Play it on Classic Mode. Want to heat things up even further? Try out Chaos Mode. I dare you.
- Clear the game to unlock Time Attack! Let's see if you're the fastest hunter. You might even unlock some exclusive game palettes if you do well.
- Cheats, cheats, cheats! It wouldn't be a truly retro-influenced game without the cheats! We've hidden a bunch in there for you. Maybe you'll even discover the game's secret fourth difficulty.
If you're a fan of old-school platformers, this game will certainly be up your alley. It's a decent challenge, and it's been fine-tuned to be enjoyable by many a gamer alike. If you'd like to try before you buy, we've got a game demo available!
Obliterating the Orbs has never felt this good.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.49 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY METANET HUNTER!80 days ago
- Sales goal GREATLY Surpassed!!Jul 04, 2021
- Sequel...?!Nov 08, 2020
- August 4th: Anniversary Day!Aug 05, 2020
- Metanet Hunter G4 is HERE!!Jul 08, 2020
- Metanet Hunter G4: Coming SOONJun 05, 2020
- G4: Sunday Funday 10/20/2019Oct 20, 2019