Metanet Hunter G4
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Metanet Hunter G4 (Generation 4) is a big step forward for us at WE ARE RODEONET. It is a neatly-wrapped package of 7 years of game design, and was my best project with the LOVE game framework (http://love2d.org)
What it is
Metanet Hunter G4 is indeed a big step forward in quality from the past games. It features some fast-paced action, multiple sub-weapons to approach the stages, several difficulty options to turn up or down the heat, and plenty of replay value with a nifty Time Attack mode. The Passcode System also features some awesome easter eggs for those looking for some juicy secrets.
There's six stages, and they're all designed to either be blazed through, or carefully traversed. We've got the bosses out to play once again, and this time it's serious. They've all got different phases, and they're all out to defeat you, the Metanet Hunter!
You're the Metanet Hunter. You've been sent out to explore several different areas, in an attempt to destroy the mysterious "Chaos Orbs." Your name is Kinzo, short for the Japanese word "metal." Are you up to the task? The environments will not be easy, nor the enemies.
Your mission will inevitably take you to the Metanet Terminal, the source of all these Chaos Orbs, and the reason all these enemies have gone berserk. Hunt it. Take it down! Clear that Campaign Mode, and put an end to all this chaos!
What you get
- 6 fine-tuned stages to blaze through in Campaign Mode. Each one's got a different type of flow, and it's up to you to survive. They've all got a boss fight at the end: Can you find and destroy the Metanet Terminal?
- 50 different game palettes! You heard me. Can you find them all? Maybe you'll find a favorite, or several. Each one gives the game a fresh coat of paint.
- You'll find a few in the stages, and you'll find a few from the Time Attack. Maybe a few of the game's passcodes might allow you to find the rest.
- 20 different sub-weapons! You've got many, many toys at your disposal this time around. From the powerful Electric Axe, to the crazy Chaos Cube, you'll always have a cool tool in your arsenal.
- 3 different difficulty modes! That's right. Want things to cool off a little bit? Play on Casual Mode. Want to play it the way I designed it? Play it on Classic Mode. Want to heat things up even further? Try out Chaos Mode. I dare you.
- Clear the game to unlock Time Attack! Let's see if you're the fastest hunter. You might even unlock some exclusive game palettes if you do well.
- Cheats, cheats, cheats! It wouldn't be a truly retro-influenced game without the cheats! We've hidden a bunch in there for you. Maybe you'll even discover the game's secret fourth difficulty.
If you're a fan of old-school platformers, this game will certainly be up your alley. It's a decent challenge, and it's been fine-tuned to be enjoyable by many a gamer alike. If you'd like to try before you buy, we've got a game demo available!
Obliterating the Orbs has never felt this good.
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jul 08, 2020|
|Tags||2D, Controller, Difficult, DRM Free, Pixel Art, Retro, Short, Speedrun, Time Attack|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Sneak Peek of the Future5 days ago
- VERSION 1.1 IS HERE!!18 days ago
- PRICE DROP!85 days ago
- Next Game in DevelopmentJan 02, 2022
- HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY METANET HUNTER!Aug 04, 2021
- Sales goal GREATLY Surpassed!!Jul 04, 2021
- Sequel...?!Nov 08, 2020
- August 4th: Anniversary Day!Aug 05, 2020